Chemo Day

Tuesday
Day 5 in the hospital
Day 1 of IV chemo

Written pre-chemo:

And it's chemo day.

Test results came back.

I have Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML).

It is not M3.

I start a 7+3 chemo plan starting tomorrow.

Days 1-3 of one chemo drug (Idarubicin) + Days 1-7 of a second chemo drug (Cytarabine).

I will be hooked up to an IV for 24 hours a day for 7 days.

I am allowed to walk around the hallway. So thankful for this!

I'm scared.

I've got this.

I'm scared.

Written immediately following chemo:
I love this man. I can't say enough how much he has helped
and supported and just loved on me during this process.

Zach and I took a walk outside before my massage (yes, I'll be taking full advantage of this hospital service when possible) and then the chemo process started.
Anti-nausea IV drip. (about 15 minutes)

Chemo drug #1 slow push by the nurse. (about 15 minutes)

Chemo drug #2 IV drip

Check my vitals and that's it. Free to roam.

I took advantage of the mobility immediately. Zach thinks I need to chill out. But, I have SO much energy. Adrenaline? The steroids? Who knows. But, either, way, so far I feel great. Let's hope this feeling sticks. Zach was by my side the entire time. We both sat up in the bed together. I wonder if the nurses have ever seen such a sight. Whatever. I needed him close.

When we got back to the room Zach got an e.mail from a co-worker with this verse. I found it very fitting for right now. I know He is with me. I can feel His presence every step of this journey.

The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” -- Deuteronomy 31:8

A few more pictures from today:

Some yoga to try and relieve some tension in
my neck, shoulders and back. 
This is me, most days. Looking out the window. 
Zach took some photos on our walk. (Shhh... I took my mask
off for the pictures. Don't tell.)
YUM! Thank you Rachael for the amazing bone broth, chicken,
and carrots today. So good. Zach also roasted some asparagus
in garlic for me. So good. Exactly what my body needed.
Chemo Drug #1

Will update again soon.
Love & Light.
😷😘 michelle

Comments

  1. Love and prayers being sent my friend. So glad you're feeling good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God for energy! Praying for you constantly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts