Date Night

Friday
Day 22 in the hospital
Day 10 post chemo

We got good news today.

I guess we're still technically waiting on the final report. 

But...

The preliminary results were good. Really good. Dr. S (the oncologist) came in and told us that the bone part of the bone marrow biopsy showed no blasts (that equals NO cancer!). She's just waiting on the liquid part but she sounded confident that there would be ZERO or a very low percentage of blasts showing. 

This could actually be over!

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. It's still going to be quite the haul in front of us. I'll still be in the hospital until my numbers are steadily increasing. I can not be reliant on transfusions and some doctors say I need to have 500 or at least a movement towards 500 neutrophils. 

Agh. Those neutrophils. I'm still at ZERO. Normal is 1500. I'm thinking Dr. S would be happy and let me go home if she saw a couple hundred. Come on neutrophils!! You got this. 

I will also still have four more rounds of consolidation chemo. This will be the same chemo drug I had during my induction phase, but a much higher dose given every other day over five days. This is also in-patient, so I'll be spending 5-6 days in the hospital once a month for the next four months. 

I'm not entirely sure when all of this will start. I think it depends on my numbers. I think they want to ensure that I'm more stable before they kill all my good cells again. At least, that's how I would do things. 😂

So, there's my update for now. I'm sure we won't be getting the final report until Monday at the earliest.

Hospital date night with Zach.
Tonight, Zach and I had a legit date night. Date nights are kind of our thing. I started a whole hashtag around it last year on instagram (#zm50dates) and this year (#zm50dates2017). Tonight marks date #40 (I think).

Zach went to Target and picked up Rummikub for us to play in my room. He's not a game guy, so this is a big deal. I love games. This was a fun one too. And I think the boys are going to have fun playing it. After two rounds, he's ahead, we went for a little stroll around the halls. And you will not believe it, but we saw FIREWORKS! Yes, like a legit fireworks show out of one of the hall windows. We have no idea what it was for, but it was pretty awesome to see. And then he tucked me all in and went home to the boys. I love this man!  

Will update again soon.
Love & Light.
😷😘 michelle

Comments

  1. The two of you are so awesome! I miss playing games with our old life group. Poor Zach with years of games with all of us. :) We actually pulled out a favorite strategy game, Settlers of Catan, to teach David and Bianca this weekend. Thankfully, Brendan (at 4 yrs old) decided to watch monster trucks instead. I don't think we have played it since having kids. :) Keep up the date nights & inspiring the rest of us! Lots of Love & prayers! Michelle Buczkowski

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts