Home Sweet Home

Friday

At last. I'm sitting in my own bed drinking a cup of coffee writing this. It feels so good to be home. Twenty eight days is a long time to be in the hospital.


Home Sweet Home
They let me out yesterday. My neutrophils weren't quite where they like them, but they let me go home! So, we're living like germaphobes over here. Hand sanitizer everywhere! The boys are actually washing their hands after they go to the bathroom. I knew something would get them to start doing that! My bedroom is off limits to pets and plants.

We got back to the house around 1pm and I spent most of the afternoon just resting. The boys were so surprised and excited to see me. I love those boys. I never did post about this, but the first time they each saw me with a shaved head, those boys, they were so sweet. Holden and Coda both, with not a single second of delay, said, "You are beautiful!" Oliver, just came up and hugged me. I have the sweetest boys ever. They are going to make amazing husbands one day. They are just like their daddy.

Anyway, back to my first day at home. I spent the afternoon resting because we had tickets to see Frozen the broadway musical and I really wanted to be able to go. After dinner I packed up my purse with some hand sanitizer, a mask (just in case I had a hacker behind me), kleenex, and some tylenol. I was so glad to be able to go. It was amazing. It was me, the boys, my mother-in-law, my sister-in-law and her two girls. The performance was amazing. I loved it. My favorite parts had to be Let It Go, Olaf and Sven. The boys did awesome and loved every second of it. I love that they can appreciate a good play. 


Heading out to see Frozen. 
I felt good during the entire play. Slept amazing in MY OWN bed!! I got to help my kids get ready for school (well, mostly I just watched them get themselves ready). We walked them to school just like a normal day. After the boys left, Zach and I took the dogs for a walk before he headed off to work. It was awesome to feel like I had energy to do all of this! It wasn't a crazy long or fast walk, but still, it was a WALK and it was OUTSIDE!! Probably going to spend the rest of the day resting and maybe doing a little scrapbooking.



I have been using this app called One Second Everyday since January 1, 2016 and LOVE it. I really didn't want to mess up my year even though I was in the hospital, so I tried really hard to get video every single day (I love live photos for the days that I forgot, I -- or Zach -- had at least a photo). So, here is a glance, one second everyday, of September 1 (day one in the hospital) - 28 (home at last).

Will update again soon.
Love & Light.
😷😘 michelle

Comments

Popular Posts