It's totally NOT cancer (5 days pre-diagnosis)

4 days pre-hospital

2nd journalling entry

August 28, 2017

So, do you only go to an oncologist because you have cancer, or because they want to rule out cancer? My appointment is Friday. She said it’s a consult and probably blood work. What does this even mean?

I’ve spent the entire weekend searching for Leukemia blogs. I’ve even looked at Instagram and Pinterest. I just want real person stuff. No medical jargon. Just real person, “I thought I had the flu then they told me I had cancer” kind of stuff.

When I find blogs that have blood work numbers, I instantly compare them to mine. They almost never make sense. It’s like everyone uses a different standard of measurement. This persons WBC is super high, this one’s is critically low (but my numbers are actually lower). I don’t get it.

I guess I just get to spend the rest of the week reading more blogs. Freaking myself out a little.
Still think I’m good. I’m not sick. I don’t have cancer.


Also, today I’m feeling better. Believe it or not. I went for a walk today and didn’t feel like I had to take a nap mid-way. Plus, I’m breathing better. Not quite as congested. Still a little, but not quite.

August 23, 2017 - I was always just so tired. Finding any spare moment to lay down and rest. Here I am in the middle of cooking dinner taking just a minute. 

Will update again soon.
Love & Light.
😷😘 michelle

Comments

  1. Reading all of your posts and hope you are hanging in there. Your strength is inspiring, you can rock any hairdo, and it is heartwarming to see all of your boys hanging in there with, and for you each day. I can't imagine what it has been like to deal with everything you've had thrown at you in the past few weeks, but you are currently holding a class on how to handle everything with such grace, patience and so much strength.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts