Salon day

Monday
Day 11 in the hospital
Day 6 of IV chemo

My mouth feels disgusting. It's fuzzy. Or something. I hate it.

The weekend was a little more rough for me. It's definitely the worst I've felt since I've been here. More tired. Food isn't tasting great. Low motivation. I was over it. I was done. I just want to be home. I just want all of this to go away. 

I blacked out in the middle of the night on Saturday. Yeah, I guess it's a thing. Vasovagal syncope. I passed out on the bathroom floor. I won't go into many more details than that. You know, TMI. But, it was scary. That's probably part of the reason I just didn't feel all that awesome this yesterday. 

Today is better. 

I woke up with a little more energy. Only one more bag of chemo to go. I finish this one out and early tomorrow morning will be my last one. 

Last week I had mentioned to Zach that I kind of wanted someone to cut my hair. It sounds stupid. But, just a cute little pixie cut. Maybe get me more OK with this whole hair loss thing. Maybe it won't be so traumatic if I choose to lose some of it first. 

So, that's what I did this morning. My little piece of the hospital turned into a salon. Breezy came and with very little direction and insight from me. I just wanted her to make me feel pretty. I wanted her to use her expertise to give me a cut that would fit my face (which I always feel is round and fat) and hair texture (which I always think is fine and thin and straight). 

It was shocking at first to see it. I think it might be too trendy and cute for me. But, I think it's growing on me already. I know for sure, I'm going to really appreciate it in the morning when my bed head is not as crazy. 

Thank you Breezy! You are seriously the best. And, if you are local, call Salon Palazzo in Littleton and ask for Breezy. 😘 

Also, I did get a shower yesterday. Zach washed my hair, helped me shave my legs, everything. Our relationship will never be the same again after this. He's seen me in some of my most vulnerable moments. I'll be forever thankful for him being in this with me. 

Thank you Breezy! Love it.
Smiling is so weird with my fuzzy mouth. 

SO much hair!
Will update again soon.
Love & Light.
😷😘 michelle

Comments

  1. I like it! Your so gorgeous you can pull any look off!!! I'm praying this is the last stretch and soon (hopefully very soon) you will be able to rest and recover in the peace and comfort of your own home. I miss you my friend. (I still look around for you at pick up and drop off). Hang in there. If I can bring you anything or you need help with anything I'm here for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading your last post, I was praying someone would come wash your hair (I wanted to offer, but I'm still sick :( ) - and look at you now with a new 'do. I may be biased, but short hair rocks! You look beautiful. Praying that you feel better and have no more black out spells. I'm sure that was so scary. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks great! I was thinking of trying to find someone to come wash your hair, but sounds like you found the perfect person. It's hard to admit you need help, but we all have those times and there are so many people that want to help. Think of it as a way to allow others to feel like they can do something. I'll have to tell you the story of when Jamie's back went out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle your hair looks amazing!!!! It's super cute. I'm sorry you're not feeling so well. Hopefully once you end this round of chemo you'll get your energy back. A friend of mine here recently had an episode of vasovagal syncope. She got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and her husband found her on the floor. I had never heard of such a thing. I don't know if this would help with your mouth at all, but I was once prescribed magic mouthwash and the pharmacist said it was usually prescribed for people going through chemo. It may be just for mouth sores, but it wouldn't hurt to ask about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've been praying for you Michelle, you look amazing! Our family just walked through AML last year, my husband's mom has walked that journey of chemo, tests, bone marrow biopsys, bone marrow transplants etc. and is in full remission. Praying for you, your sweet boys, Zach, and those doctors. Love reading your posts and we know the Lord is going before you!
    Lindsay (and Brett) Biggs

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are beautiful! No matter what length your hair is, you would be gorgeous, but this is smokin!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts