Consolidation Chemo Round One

Monday
Hospital Round Two | Day 01

Here we go again. 

Back in my old room ready for another round of chemo. Being nice to nurses pays off. I'm just going to tell myself that they saved this room special for me. This room is definitely the nicest room in the hospital, but I think I just like it because it's comfortable. It's familiar. In this craziness of not knowing anything, it's nice to have a little familiar.

Back in my old room.
It sucks knowing that I’ve been feeling so good and energetic and now I’m willingly checking myself in to poison my body and feel awful. The plan is three days of intense cytarabine (about 30 times stronger than my induction phase of chemo) twice a day over the next five days in the hospital and going home on Saturday. 

We checked in to the hospital this morning around 8am. Picc line in place by noon. They gave me a double lumen picc this time around. Who knows why. Some people have asked why they don't put in a port. My oncologist seems to prefer the picc (and taking it out each month after my treatment is over before I go home, I think) over the port because it's less likely to get an infection. Maybe because I won't be caring for it at home? Not entirely sure. It would be nice to not have to get poked when I give blood 2-3 days a week when I'm at home, but at the same time, it's nice to just be able to take a bath or shower without worrying about anything.

I'm currently just waiting on the pharmacy to send up the chemo to get started. Over the weekend I was definitely feeling scared and just not wanting to do this. In the past 17 days of being home I’ve basically forgotten that I even have cancer. But, today, I'm feeling more hopeful, a little less scared. 

My numbers are good. I’m feeling strong. This week will go fast.

Date night yesterday. Love spending time with this guy.

Will update again soon.
Love & Light.
😷😘 michelle

Comments

Popular Posts