the best of the not so great

I started a blog, Table For Five, a few years back. I wanted a place to share my scrapbooking / project life layouts, recipes, and just everyday parenting life. It got hacked and was a mess. I moved on. Then all this cancer stuff happened so I decided to start a new blog. I was going to stick to my cancer story, but I think I might share my scrapbooking too. It's part of my story after all. I'm sure there will be lots of pieces of everyday life with cancer that you'll get a peak into. Here is a layout I did inspired by one of Ali Edwards story kits. I used elements from Surprise, Time, and Best.






The journaling:

Twenty-eight days. Room 408 at xxx Hospital was my home for 28 days.

That’s a long time to be in the hospital. On, September 1, 2017, I was diagnosed with Leukemia. There was no time to think or research or question. I was admitted. I was diagnosed. I started chemo. It happened so fast.

That big C word, cancer, is definitely scary.

But, looking back, just a few weeks later, all I can remember is the good.

The best of the not so great. I remember how all of our friends, family, acquatences rallied together and set up meal trains and after school play dates and pick-ups for the boys. I remember the feeling of peace when a group of people got together to be the hands and feet of Jesus and landscaped our entire yard. Mostly, I remember feeling loved and protected by Zach. He was there for me at the drop of a hat if I needed him. He was there when things went south. He was there for me when I just slept. He was there for me when I had energy and wanted company. He made me feel loved and beautiful (even on the days I didn’t look or feel so hot) and safe.

Will update again soon.
Love & Light.
😷😘 michelle

Comments

Popular Posts