Two Rounds of Chemo Complete

Saturday
Round 1 consolidation complete

Round 1 of consolidation chemo is done. I was discharged this morning around 9am. They knew I wanted out as fast as possible! My numbers still look ok. My hemoglobin and platelets have dropped, but no transfusions needed as of now.

The hospital doctor thought I might need transfusions next week, so she left the picc line in. I go in to see my oncologist on Tuesday, so she can take it out if needed.

I got on Pinterest when I got home to search "raise hemoglobin/ platelet count" and there were a few foods that they say you can eat to raise them naturally. I figure it can't hurt. So, I went out, bought some organic grapes and strawberries, pomegranets and pomegranate juice. Hoping it does something. No transfusions next week would be nice.

Raising my hemoglobin and platelet counts.
This week went smooth. No complications, no chemo side effects. I had a ton of energy, tracked 20,000 steps yesterday walking the halls (19k the day before). I probably won't be able to do that at home, HA!

Closing my rings at the hospital.
Still feeling good today, plenty of energy, good appetite. Praise Jesus! Let's pray for a good week with lots of energy next week. The sister is in town until Wednesday, it would be nice to go hang out and not just sleep while she's here.

Pizza party at the hospital Friday night with the sister.
The plan right now, sounds like I'll be back for my next round of chemo the week before or the week after Thanksgiving depending on how my numbers look.

Will update again soon.
Love & Light.
😷😘 michelle

Comments

Popular Posts