When It Rains It Pours

We need to replace our transfer case on our Toyota Sienna. It's like a $5,000 repair. That totally sucks.  We're just past our warranty too, or at least I think we are. I don't know anything about cars really. What even is a transfer case?

So, yeah. There's that darn cancer thing I have. And now there's that darn car thing. When it rains it pours. That's what they say, right?

But, you know, I see it totally different. It's not pouring bad on our family. It's pouring awesome, amazing, kindness on our family. It's been so life giving to see all the good in this world. I'm an optimist. I tend to believe that people are innately good. Now, I get to experience all that goodness first hand.
Just a few of the many. These people are God's hands and feet. The people show unconditional love and support for us. Every time I come home and see my front yard or look out my back window, I am reminded of God's great love for each and every single person here on Earth. 
When I was in the hospital, so many people were there to pitch in wherever it was needed. So many! Zach's parents dropped everything to fill in when Zach would be at  the hospital with me. We had a meal train set up within days of my diagnosis. Our friends Rachael and Brynn went full force and planned from beginning to end Holden's 9th birthday party. Jason captured amazing photos of the party for me and set Zach up with some at-home gym equipment, since he just didn't have the time to go to the gym. Our friends Jackie and Sara picked up the littles from school anytime Zach couldn't. They drove them to their different activities or just let them have playdates at their houses. My best friend flew across the country just to sit in the hospital with me for a few days because Zach was going to be busy with the boys that weekend. We've received anonymous cash donations, so many gift cards for reastraunts and most recently, a friend set up a Go Fund Me page to raise money for the car issues.

Sometimes all the help is hard. We feel that there are so many other people that deserve it more. Need it more. But, I suppose, this is the season we are in right now. Soon enough, we'll be able to be the ones to give and help and support someone else.

Hoden's 9th birthday party! (photo by Jason)
Love all these amazing details. Planned and executed by the amazing First Look Events and Intricate Icings. Seriously, look at that cake! Yes, the cat sitting on the dog is a CAKE! (photo by Jason)
About two weeks in to my hospital stay, a group of people from Zach's mens group, work team, and some others all pitched in and landscaped our front and backyard. I seriously almost cried when I saw the pictures of everyone working. In that moment, I knew, that no matter what happened, we would be ok. Zach and the boys would be ok. There was so much love and support all around us.

I've had multiple people reach out to me over messenger with their own cancer stories. I have a few new instagram friends that also have AML. Sometimes, it's just nice to see and hear and talk to, other people going through pretty much exactly the same thing as you.

And the prayers. WOW! God is being flooded by all the prayers my little family is receiving. And, let me tell you. The prayers are working.

I never once threw up from the chemo. The prayers are working!

I was never really in any pain. The prayers are working!

After my induction chemo, my second bone marrow biopsy, said I was in remission. The prayers are working!

My energy has been good since I've been home. I get to spend quality time with my husband and my boys. The prayers are working!

God is good!

I don't know why this cancer thing happened to me. But, I do know that God is good and He is going to use this for good.

When I was in the hospital, I met a guy there. He went in before me. He got out after me. He's out now, I know that. But, he's been on my heart. I don't know where he is or how he's doing. But, he does have Zach's info, so maybe he'll reach out. He was homeless when he went into the hospital. I just pray that he's doing well. I pray that he stays clean. I pray that he finds Jesus and a group of loving, kind people to stand beside him. Prayers work! I know.

Zach and I can't even begin to thank all the people that have helped us and prayed for us over the last month. People that brought us meals. People that brought me books and games and crafts and food in the hospital. People that have helped us financially. People that have entertained the boys and driven them to a variety of activities. People that loved on me and Zach and the boys. People that were there to just listen. So people... THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I only wish there was some way that we could give thanks to you that would even begin to express our gratitude!

Will update again soon.
Love & Light.
😷😘 michelle

Comments

Popular Posts