An Update From Home

Thursday
Day 11 of 2nd consolidation chemo

I swear I count these days different every time. But, whatever. Today is day 11, if start of chemo is considered day 01.

Numbers are dropping. My platelets were at 14 yesterday, 3 today. They scheduled me for 2 bags of platelets for tomorrow morning. My neutrophils are also dropping. I'm at 0.96 now. Really need to stay over 0.5!!

The Puerto Rico storm has us in a saline shortage. So, no picc line draw for me. Boo! But, at least the nurses are better at poking me for blood draws than the lab girls. If they can keep it to one poke per draw, that would be nice!

I've been getting really tired in the afternoons this week. Tired and just feeling a little out of it. And cold! I've been so cold. I mean, it is cold here, but still. My hands are freezing all the time! 

I worked out this weekend. A little running. And some easy body weight workouts. Yeah, my 15 minutes of squats and lunges killed my legs. I could barely walk for days. I'm just now starting to feel less sore. Which means I haven't worked out again since Sunday. Partially because I've been exhausted, partially because my legs were on fire. Eventually I'm going to have to figure out a good routine. I've gained like 20 lbs since all of this started. NO JOKE! 

Tuesday I had an appointment with a doc from the Colorado Blood Cancer Institute. He was super informative. He gave us a crash course on what leukemia is and it was super helpful. He is trying to get a test on done on my last bone marrow biopsy to see if NPM1 is still present. He says that will be a good indication of whether or not I need a bone marrow transplant. They drew blood and are doing a preliminary match to see what they can find anyway. I guess since I'm mixed race, it could be harder to find a match.


We started getting our house ready for Christmas. We don't always put up our tree or decorate. I think we've only put lights up outside once since we've lived here. But, this year, the tree is up, lights are out and Christmas music has even been playing on the Sonos! I need to find a good Christmas playlist/ station. Any tips. Let me know. It can be pandora, spotify, amazon music, or apple music. Really anything. 

I'm attempting to do a take on Ali Edwards December Daily this year. This year, I'm focusing on trying to tell slightly longer stories each day with a Christmas feel to them. I'm sharing words + photos on instagram daily if you want to follow along. 

Will update again soon.
Love & Light.
😷😘 michelle

Comments

Popular Posts