Back in 408

Wednesday
Day 17 of 2nd consolidation chemo

Well, I'm back in good ol' 408. Do you think they boot someone out when they hear I'm coming in. πŸ˜‚ So, here's what's been going on in the last week.

Friday I came in for an out-patient platelet transfusion. Then, of course, the weekend. No CBC's. No transfusions. I maybe should have just went to the ER on Sunday, but I was really hoping if I waited it out and got a CBC first thing Monday morning, they would just schedule me for another out-patient transfusion. But, no! My neutrophils were at ZERO, platelets were at 2, and my nose would NOT stop bleeding. I woke up early Monday morning and my nose started bleeding around 6:30am. It would NOT stop. I texted my doc and she said to come in ASAP. Zach had to call into work and take me because my nose was excessively bleeding, no way I would be able to drive. We got there around 8:30 and they did a CBC and called for a direct admit. BOO! Went home, threw some stuff in my already packed bag (it just stays mostly packed and ready to go now). Nose still bleeding when we got to the hospital around 10:30 or so. On top of that, my mouth was disgusting. I had blood blisters everywhere that started to swell. My tongue and cheek were so swollen I could barely talk. And my whole mouth was black and blue. I'll spare you from any pictures. It was disgusting! Seriously. They started treating me for thrush (yeah, the thing babies get when they breastfeed. weird!) and of course, started me on an antibiotic. Always the antibiotics. Around 2pm, a doctor came in to pack my nose. I should have just ran. It was the worst. They stick this tampon looking thing up your nose, like way up your nose, then inflate it. I'm not a fan of things in my nose, that's why I never pierced my nose. So, this was awful! I got my platelets finally, and they took it out around 5:30pm. My nose has been fine since, thank GOD! 

Monday was hard. The bloody nose. The mouth stuff. Coming back to the hospital. It was hard! I felt awful. I looked awful. I just wanted to cry. 

Thankfully I woke up on Tuesday and my mouth was already starting to heal. Today, I feel great. A lot more energy. Unfortunately, I don't think they'll let me go home. Zero neutrophils = ZERO immune system. But, I'm going to make the best of it. I have a ton of projects I want to work on/ finish and I'm thinking I should take advantage of the quiet around here and have a little movie marathon. 

Tuesday morning blood transfusion. #GiveBlood 
Chatting with the boys while they got ready for school.
They packed my nose. Never doing that again!!

Will update again soon.
Love & Light.
😷😘 michelle


Comments

  1. Cancer is not easy. Always remember only the kindest, most beautiful and smartest people get it. And we kick it’s butt.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts