Just like clockwork

Saturday
Day 13 of 3rd consolidation chemo

And just like clockwork. Day 10, numbers really start to bottom out. Got labs on Thursday am. Platelets = 12, they got me in that afternoon for an out-paiteint transfusion. I love how proactive this new team of mine is. When I was getting my platelets they scheduled me to come in first thing Friday and tentatively scheduled me for a transfusion on Friday afternoon. Platelets = 5 Friday morning. Boo. So, I'm back in, I get 2 units Friday afternoon out-patient. The nurse comes up with a great plan for the weekend. As long as my platelets >10 I stay home. She set up a home nurse visit to draw labs on Saturday and Sunday morning and then got me on the schedule for all of next week for blood draws in the am and transfusions in the pm. It was going to be PERFECT. 

Then my body decided to eat all the platelets. 30 minutes post transfusion, they checked my platelets. I was at 3! That's 2 less than the morning. This is after transfusions. What the? UGH! There was nothing that I could say that would convince them to let me go home. They're so worried about spontaneous bleeding. So, a couple hours later, I'm moved over next door (another great benefit of this new doctor set up, my oncologist is basically in the same building as the hospital). I'm in yet a different room, I never moved out of 408 in the last place. This is my 2nd visit and 2nd room. I don't even have a mountain view this time. But, I did get an amazing sunrise view when I woke up. 


So, todays agenda. They did some HLA (or something like that) matching. Basically it sounds like they are going to try and more directly match my platelets that they give me. I'm pretty sure the last doc did not do this. So, that is nice that they are at least going to try something new. We'll see how it goes.

I'm hoping, really hoping that they'll let me out of here Sunday evening after transfusions and I can just go into the office on Monday and all of next week. But, I'm afraid they are going to keep me here until I get more than 10 platelets. Just so you have a reference for this, normal people have 140,000-400,000, when I say I'm at 3, it means I have 3,000. They say spontaneous bleeding can happen at under 10,000. 

Oh, and Oliver turned 8 yesterday so I'm now 3 for 3 for being hospitalized on my kids birthdays. UGH.

Will update again soon.
Love & Light.
😷😘 michelle


Comments

  1. I changed doctors during treatment too. The second one was way better. You’d think they would all be the same, but no. I like the idea of them being able to do some of this at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn Leukemia! Can’t you just give her a break! Think of you often. ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts