matched platelets, the flu, and other girl stuff

Tuesday
Day 23 of 3rd consolidation chemo

It's a miracle. The antibody matched platelets worked wonders. They don't even have to go as far as HLA matching. The last time I blogged I was waiting on my matched platelets transfusion. Well, they jumped from like 5 or whatever it was to in the 30's or something like that. They let me go home that night. I have only needed one other platelet transfusion since. This is seriously the least amount of time I have been in the hospital and the least amount of transfusions I have needed. Sometimes a change is good. 

Over the weekend I was not feeling fantastic. I pretty much stayed in bed all weekend. I felt like I had feverish symptoms, but no fever, never got over 99.5. But I was all body achey. Thankfully, Zach took the boys to go do some fun stuff this weekend and I just got to rest. Yesterday I talk to the nurse, Bonnie, my fave nurse right now because she was the one that started this whole platelet matching thing, from my doctor office when my labs were back. My platelets are now up to 100!! Seriously, they are usually the last thing to bounce back. I'm so excited. But, my neutrophils are at 10, as in 0.01. And my hemoglobin is still in the low 7's. They won't transfuse unless I get under 7 or if I'm having a hard time getting oxygen. My oxygen level is still between 98-100. My heart rate is through the roof, but hey, it's like I'm constantly working out, maybe that's a good thing. Anyway, so I'm telling Bonnie that I was in bed all weekend not feeling great but my temp never reached 100 and that I was taking tylenol every 6 hours. So, she talks to the doc, and they decide I have to come in. They were worried I had the flu (everyone has the flu and it's so bad this year, they don't take any chances) and was masking a temp with the tylenol. So no more tylenol for me. Thankfully the flu test came back negative. I'm feeling much better today, by the way. But, my heart rate was like 130 when they took my vitals so the doc wanted to give me a bag of fluids. I'm trying to drink more water today. It's noon and I've drank 34 oz, that seems good to me. 

Ok, so here is where the TMI stuff comes in. Sorry guys, just come back another day to read. There won't be any new updates after this. 



I started my period again! I was only off of it for a week. And it's heavy. Like annoying heaving, not quite no platelets heavy. So, I ask my doctor if this is normal and if I should expect this from now on. And she asks if anyone ever considered birth control basically while I'm on chemo to regulate my cycle and for it to not be too heavy. Ummm... no. And I was basically bleeding out and hospitalized because my period was so bad. So, she goes to do some research and figure out what the best thing to give me is while I get my bag of fluids. Bonnie, the awesome nurse, comes and warns me that the doc is thinking about some crazy shot that hurts like hell and uses a giant needle, but that she is trying to get her to go a different way. So, basically, Bonnie saves the day AGAIN! Doc comes over and says she's going to prescribe me depo to take for 10 days which should help this round (which it already has and I've only taken 2, thank GOD!!) and we'll do some birth control shot in my butt, I can't remember the name right now, once my counts stabilize a bit. 

Will update again soon.
Love & Light.
😷😘 michelle


Comments

  1. Aaah! I knew it! They can do something to help! Sheesh! I think this new dr and Bonnie needs some cookies! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts