Sorry it's been so long...

Tuesday
Day 09 of 3rd consolidation chemo

Wow. It's been awhile since I've updated. I completed my 3rd round of consolidation chemo in the wee hours of the morning Saturday. So, now I'm in waiting mode of feeling like crap and being tired. The quesy-ness has set in. It's not bad, but it's there. And the weird body stuff has started. I can't even explain it. My skin is sensitive. I feel it the most in my shoulders, my chest, my neck, and the side of my ribs. It doesn't hurt, but it feels weird. So far, my appetite is still there. That's another thing, I feel bloated or extra round or something. Blah! Maybe the lack of activity. My energy is starting to go down, but not bad. I took the stairs today at the doctors office and was huffing and puffing. So, needless to say, I'm not working out. 

Our insurance changed at the start of the year. New doctors. New hospital. It's been fine. I like my new doctor. I hate that I have to learn a whole new system though. Yesterday I went in for my CBC and I can not for the life of me figure out my results. I like to keep track of those things. I like to see when they start to dip. My goal, as always, is to try and stay out of the hospital and do all out-patient transfusions this time. I really hope this office is good at that. If they keep me out of the hospital, it will be the best change ever.

And.... a silly selfie from Friday night.



Sometimes you just can’t nail the selfie so you embrace it. Little date night in last night with the most amazing husband ever. This week he has had to be EVERYTHING to EVERYONE. Taking care of the boys, taking care of me, taking care of work and bills and all that fun adult stuff, taking care of our home and that fun adult stuff, all while he’s been feeling under the weather. Last night I needed a little date night. I knew I would be home in the morning. I probably could have lasted another day. But sometimes I just need to have some time to eat dinner and talk and just look at him. He makes me feel safe and loved and I wouldn’t have gotten through this week of chemo without him. So he cooked us some brats and brownies and brought some bbq chips and we ate and talked and walked and laid together. Sounds like a pretty fantastic first date of the year to me.

Will update again soon.
Love & Light.
😷😘 michelle

Comments

  1. Hope things go well this round, and as always, that you are hanging in there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts