Project Life 2018 : The Title Page(s)

Project Life. This is one of my most favorite things. I started Project Life back in 2009 when it was called Project 365. Becky Higgins came out with a simple kit, album, and page protector design so you could document your everyday easily. The idea behind the project was to take a photo a day and use a journal card to just jot a few things down about the day/picture. At the end of the year you would have this awesome album that documented the everyday. Project Life has since evolved with so many companies out there offering different products. For me, the idea is pretty much the same. I don't always do EVERYDAY but I get pretty close. For 2018 I plan on using the Becky Higgins Design A page protectors plus some others for inserts here and there and Ali Edwards Story Kits, Story Stamps and Stories by the Month kits. My plan is to go chronologically but not necessarily weekly like I have in the past. I'll just start filling in pockets. My plan is to break up the months with an 8.5x11" insert with a calendar filled in with the months activities on one side and a traditional layout on the other likely sparked by one of the AE Story Kit videos. So far this year I'm staying pretty caught up. I'm considering doing process videos of me putting the different layouts and spreads together if you think you might be interested in seeing that, let me know in the comments. 

Here is a look at my opening title pages. Yes, pages. I get a little carried away. 

I have been starting my opening title page for Project Life with at least one family photo since the beginning. I've been doing the annual headshots on 12/31 or 1/1 for a few years now. I like to end the prior year with the same headshots as beginning the new year. For this years title page I used products from For the Love AE Story Kit and the January Stories by the Month kit as well as some random letter and number stickers I had laying around. 



Here's a look at the first full spread. 
The left side is all about Zach and I. I used cards from the Me AE Story Kit and we each filled in a little bit about us right now. I included our One Little Words and just a little by Zach about what he's looking forward to for the new year on a card from the For the Love Story Kit. I love how the picture turned out after I cut it into the heart shape. I love the little peak it gives to the next spread when you look at it form the front side. Oh, and I also included a picture of our house with our cars parked out front. Another thing I've been trying to do for the last few years.
The right side is all about the boys and pets. They each filled out a favorites card from the Me AE Story Kit. I also included a little about the animals on a card I just designed to match the other cards the boys filled out. I also typed up a bit about why I do Project Life and what I am looking forward to this year. 


Here's a closer look.






I want all of my months to begin on the right side so I had to think of something to fill in the left side of this page protector before beginning January. I included cards from several past Story Kits (I think they are, Read, Go, AM/PM, and Little Things), a photo of the books we all are currently reading, our favorite shows, our phones with the lock screen image showing, and a screen shot of my current fave pandora station. I wrote a little bit about our AM/PM routines, where we frequently go (gym, shop, school, etc...) and some of our current faves like what phones we use, where we like to eat out, how we watch TV, the activities the boys like right now, etc..


And here is look at how I plan on dividing my months. One side will have a more traditional style layout. This one inspired by and using the contents from the For the Love AE Story Kit.


And a calendar I just printed out and then used different colored sharpies (that I will keep consistent throughout the year) to write down all the different activities, birthdays, plans, etc... of everyone in our household.



And that's a wrap. I'll start sharing my January spreads soon, so check back! :) Or, click up at the top to Subscribe and get any blog updates via e.mail.


Will update again soon.
Love & Light.
😷😘 michelle

Comments

Popular Posts