The last and final chemo treatment

Thursday
Day 32 of 3rd consolidation chemo

My numbers have been steadily going up. I haven't heard what they were yet this morning, but I will soon enough. The plan is to start my 4th AND FINAL consolidation chemo on Monday. I'm so ready for this all to be over. Again, I'm just starting to feel great and have energy and I get to check myself into the hospital and poison my body. Fun times! Ugh.


Monday
Day 01 of 4th (AND FINAL) consolidation chemo

Today marks the first day of my last week of chemo. This is the fifth week of chemo my body has endured since the beginning of September. Six months. It's been six months. 

This weekend I had some serious anxiety. Maybe it was because I was heading into the hospital AGAIN. Maybe it was because this is it, this is the last treatment. If the cancer comes back, it's not good. 

I really hate being in the hospital. I hate not being at home. I hate not sleeping in my own bed. I hate being in the hospital.


We got here at 8:30 this morning. It's 10:30, it's been 2 hours. We've done NOTHING. Still waiting on x-ray to check the placement of my PICC because I guess it could've moved or something. Whatever. Then we need to get this chemo started. I want to get out of here on FRIDAY night. I don't care if it's midnight. They are not helping my situation. Chemo is done on days 01, 03, and 05, 12 hours apart, at this rate, I won't be done until 3am on Saturday. UGH. Let's go people! 


Zach and I met 16 years ago. We had the chance to go on a much needed date night this weekend. Here we are, then and now. Babies. We were just babies!

Spent the weekend in the mountains. The boys went snowboarding and then built an epic jump in the backyard of the house. It was awesome! I was hoping to be able to go, but it was COLD and I've been having a hard time regulating my temperature. Once I get cold, it's hard for me to warm back up. Hopefully I will get a few days in over spring break. Really hoping for a fast recovery this time around. It would be great if I felt awesome by the end of March!





Will update again soon.
Love & Light.
😷😘 michelle

Comments

Popular Posts