Project Life : January 2 of 6

January 6-10

This spread includes the first weekend in January and the first few days of my hospital admission for chemo. 
The chemo treatment that I do requires me to be in-patient since I get chemo on days 1, 3, and 5 twice a day, 12 hours apart. So one of those treatments each day are in the middle of the night (or at the very least, after office hours). You can read more about my cancer journey throughout this blog if you are new around here (lots about chemo, hospital life, etc... but you might want to start here if you don't know my story). 

Products Used
Ali Edwards Story Kits :  Best, Change, Lens

Here's a look at the full spread.

Oliver got a Fuji Instax for his Christmas/birthday and he loves it. I lined up several of the photos he took and snapped this picture and then had him right down some of the things he was taking pictures of. I like to include my kids (and husbands) point of views/handwriting whenever possible.


Zach took Coda up to ski while Holden and Oliver and I went to go see a free screening of Paddington 2. It was such a cute movie, the boys really liked it. I thought it was done really well. I'm always skeptical of sequels. I included our ticket stubs with the journaling. We also went to see Ferdinand, another great movie. I included a screen shot of our tickets for that movie. 



The right side of my spread is all about my hospital stay. I loved being able to use cards from the Change Story Kit because as of January 1st we had to switch insurance companies which meant all of my treatments had to be at a new hospital and I now have a new oncologist. I share a lot on instagram and when I'm doing my layouts I like to go back and see what I have (and what Zach has) on instagram or Facebook. Often times I'll just cut and paste exactly what I wrote like I did on this Half Full or Half Empty journal card, (here's my instagram post). This is especially helpful when I get really behind (I just recently finished my 2017 album, I used this little trick often.)


I asked the boys to write down some things they did during the week while I was gone. I stuck some post it notes on the counter so they wouldn't forget. Holden was really the only one that did it. I just stuck them all together and put them in this pocket. 




Questions? Feel free to comment below and I'll do my best to answer.

Click up at the top to Subscribe and get any blog updates via e.mail. 


Will update again soon.
Love & Light.
😷😘 michelle




Comments

Popular Posts