Final Final Final test results at last!

Tuesday
67 days after last chemo dose
47 days at home with NO hospital admissions
20 days after last bone marrow biopsy

Every single bruise is a sheer panic moment in my life. Will this go on forever? A few weeks ago I got this unexplained bruise on my ring finger. Panic. Today I woke up with a big ol' bruise on my knee. Panic. UGH. It's not a long panic, just a moment. Heart rate sky rockets. Stomach knots. But, then I remember my numbers are fine and it's probably nothing. Probably nothing.

Biopsy came back and all looks good. NPM1 is negative. And negative for residual acute myeloid leukemia. So, what next?

Now I will continue to monitor my blood labs once a month and see my doctor every few months. Gradually I will do less and less labs and see the doc less and less. The big celebration is 5 years in remission. That is when I am considered CURED! 

It's weird. I feel like I should be jumping for joy or sobbing in relief. But, I'm not. Not really. I'm happy, of course. But it's such a weird feeling. When I first saw the results come in (I saw them online before I heard from the doc) - Heart rate sky rockets. Stomach knots. I did my best to scan them and figure out what it meant. This is good, I think. I think this means it's gone. This is good. I showed Zach. It's gone, we agreed. We think. And then I had to leave. Heart racing. Jumping for joy? Not so much. It was almost like it was a reminder that I had cancer. It's like I forgot. When life feels normal, it all starts to feel like a big dream.

Saturday

The boys didn't have school yesterday. We went for a hike. It's awesome to get back outside and do stuff. I'm trying to run a little here and there too. And... summer.... it's starting to feel like summer. I love summer. We grilled ribs last night for dinner and ate outside. Ahhhh.... I heart summer! Getting back to normal life again. Today we had a soccer game, going to smoke some whole chickens on the traeger for dinner and Zach and I might even head out for a date night tonight.




Will update again soon.
Love & Light.
😷😘 michelle

Comments

Popular Posts