Whole 30 - week 2

Whole 30 week 2 recap:

Monday

I had lunch with a friend. She came to my house so I wouldn't be tempted. I just can't go out to eat. There is no way I'll stay on plan. I made a chicken burger on a bed of greens with some sprouts and half an avocado on top.


Dinner, we got off track slightly. Holden had a parent night at his cooking class at school and they made all very healthy food. He was so cute asking the instructor if there was sugar in anything or gluten, etc... He really wanted us to be able to try his food. So, we did. We each took a small portion. It was all very healthy and not super off plan. They made homemade gluten free noodles (the gluten free flour was made with rice flour, so off plan), homemade marinara (all on plan and yummy), a salad (the dressing had sugar in it), and black bean brownies (so, black beans, obviously, off plan, and dates used to sweeten so SWYPO off plan). Overall, I think it was fine. I didn't have a ton, the brownie I only had a tiny, tiny crumb of, since that was the thing I decided was most off plan. He worked really hard and was really proud of what he made so I'm glad that I got to try the delicious food he made. After the boys went to bed, we heated up some leftovers and ate that to fill us up.


Tuesday

I'm eating the same thing over and over for breakfast and lunches. I did have a protein shake for lunch yesterday, I'm sure not allowed, but whatever. Close enough.


For dinner I made this Slow Cooker Chicken Korma and it was so good. I used curry powder in place of gram masala because that's what I had. The boys loved it. I made it with some roasted brussels and roasted some riced cauliflower in place of rice. YUM. I will totally make this again!

Wednesday

Trying Nut Pods for the first time. It's ok, but I miss my Almond Milk Creamer. I'm going to give the original a try, and maybe the hazelnut. If I'm not blown away, I'll probably just go back to the canned coconut milk.

I'm kind of getting sick of this same ol' same ol' breakfast. I need to start making something different.


For dinner we had this one pan lemon chicken with asparagus. Everyone loved it. I need to make more next time. It was a little lemony, but it was really good. 




Thursday

Sometimes, just trying to make my food look pretty is reason enough to keep going. My lunch. Salad with sweet potato, beets, blackberries, green beans, cucumber, sprouts, on a bed of mixed greens. The smoothie had mango, carrot, ginger, orange and collagen. YUM.


Tonight the kids had a "dance" at their school and a pizza food truck was there, so they got to eat pizza. Zach and I cooked up this, jerk chicken with mango avocado salsa and some friend plantains for dinner when we got home. I had the chicken marinading while we were at the dance/ lacrosse practice. It was really good. Not too spicy either, so I would definitely make this for the boys one day.


Friday

A new breakfast at last. I made up some of the sweet potato, apple hash that I made for the family brunch last Sunday. Topped it with a homemade breakfast sausage patty and a fried egg. YUM.

For dinner I made shredded brussels cooked with bacon and coconut lime chicken with a side of fried plantains. I'm getting really into the friend plantains. I could eat them all day!




Saturday

Busy day. Soccer practice in the AM. Home for a quick run/workout and lunch. Zach grilled up some chicken apple sausages and I added mine to some leftover brussels and sweet potatoes and Zach threw his on a salad.

After lunch Holden had a lacrosse game and then we went to iFly. All the big grandkids got iFly for Christmas so we all met up for it. The boys had so much fun! I'll post pictures later if I remember. After iFly, we all went out to dinner. This is the first time I went out all month. We ended up at Bad Daddy's, only my fave place for green chili cheese tots, margaritas, and burgers. But, I got a salad with no dressing, a water, a side of sweet potato fries. The fries are probably not on plan, but close enough.

Sunday

For breakfast I made the apple, sweet potato hash leftovers and threw a fried egg on top. I need to make up some more of this for the week.


Went on a hike with the boys today. It was so nice. Drank a quick protein shake before we left and took an Rx bar. I'm loving these Rx bars. I need to stock up more when I see them on sale.

After our hike, Holden and Oliver wanted to do a kids baking challenge. They each picked a breakfast item to bake for them to eat tomorrow (this week). Oliver made his lemon scones from his Raddish kit and Holden made a strawberry chocolate chunk muffin with a strawberry coulis filling. We've been watching a lot of Food Network kids baking challenge. They love it. Their baked goods look and smell so good!! I want to try them so bad. They told me they would make them again in May.

For dinner I made a quick and easy teriyaki sauce (coconut aminos, ginger powder, garlic powder, and sesame oil) and did some kabobs. We served these with a side of mixed greens. Holden and Ollie both had huge side salads. They love sesame ginger dressing and will eat up as much salad as possible just to get some of that dressing.



So, end of week 2 and I would say I'm probably having less sweet cravings, but still do want a little something. Probably not the normal sweets, but maybe one of those "healthy" paleo desserts. I saw a recipe for an avocado sweet potato brownie and it sounded so good! 

Will update again soon.
Love & Light.
😷😘 michelle


Comments

Popular Posts