Whole 30 - week 4

Whole 30 week 4 recap:



Monday

Went to a friends house to catch up and she made the most amazing W30 compliant breakfast for me. I have the best-est friends. Compliant sausage, spinach, mushroom egg bake with a side of sweet potatoes/potatoes. YUM.



Leftovers for dinner.

Tuesday

I made this simple sheet pan pork chop supper. I'm not sure how many people these sheet pan dinners are made for, but when I make them for my family, it's always two sheet pans or not enough food! HA. I thought I made enough for a little bit of leftovers for lunch but... I guess not. The family devoured it.


The boys used bread and made theirs pork chop sandwiches. 


Wednesday

A couple quick scrambled eggs and coffee for breakfast before I headed to the school to do some volunteering for the morning. No, I didn't make four eggs, although I think I probably could have.

Lunch I decided to roast up some potatoes, onions, and tomatoes and then halved an avocado and cracked an egg in it baked in the oven at 425 for 20 minutes (potatoes about 20 minutes longer). I was running late to meet a friend so I threw it all in a glass container and ate it at her house. It was pretty good.


For dinner I decided to try out Nom Nom Paleo's pot sticker stir-fry. I made rice so the boys could have rice bowls with it. Coda is hoping to make some fried rice with the leftovers in the morning. I think this would be YUM.



Thursday

Busy busy evening. Coda had a track meet so we had to be in Boulder by 4pm. The boys and I left a little early and stopped at Trader Joes on the way. I picked up some zucchini, sweet potatoes and peppers to cook up an easy dinner tonight. We had these hot links from Costco that are Whole 30 compliant. I had to leave the track meet early to get Holden to lacrosse practice (of course, all the way on the other side of town - 45 minutes away!) I dropped him off and headed home to cook dinner. Holden had a PB sandwich, carrots, and fruit in the car on the way to practice. I got home right around the same time as Zach and the boys. I chopped up the veggies and cooked them all together with the hot links and some Italian seasoning and called it dinner. I made fried rice with the ground pork and a mix of cabbage from an Asian bagged salad for the boys since the hot links were a bit spicy and I didn't know if they would eat those. Both dinners were a great way to just eat stuff we had at home with a very cheap trip to the grocery store.


Friday

The boys didn't have school because of teacher walk-outs so we decided to go on a hike. It was going to be a gorgeous day! I decided to cook up 3 eggs and some left over veggies and fry a plantain in coconut oil for my breakfast. It was great and gave me energy for the whole hike. 


After our hike we stopped at Costco and these ribs looked so good so I grabbed them and rushed home to get a dry rub on them and throw them on the smoker. YUM. YUM. They were so good. I also made a Whole 30 compliant BBQ sauce inspired by this recipe (I added a couple dates and an apple) but it was a little spicy, so I mostly ate them with no sauce. They were good that way anyway, they didn't need a sauce. It was so nice out, we ate dinner outside. I heart summer!


Saturday

I picked up two organic whole chickens to cook when I was at Costco yesterday. I made two different seasonings for it. This one and basically this one except I used the lemon pepper and lemon rosemary mixes I had from Wild Tree. The lemon won for sure. It was so good! We ate lunch/dinner at around 2:30pm because we wanted to go to the 4pm church service.


Zach and I decided to date night it up. We had no clue what we were going to do, so we just went to Boulder. It was so nice out we figured we could get a coffee and walk around Pearl Street. We shared a chai with almond milk (not sure if it's completely compliant, but close enough in my book). After wondering for awhile, we decided to get something to eat at Zeal. If you are gluten free, paleo, whole 30er, Boulder is the place to be. Seriously. So easy to find things that work with all kinds of dietary restrictions. We ended up getting the cauliflower "wings", roasted fingerling potatoes, an açaí bowl, and cacao balls. I know the cacao balls are not allowed, but come on, I'm basically done and all the ingredients are compliant, it's just SWYPO, and it was totally worth it. If I can eat dessert like that from now on, I call this Whole 30 thing a WIN.  






Sunday

So, today would be day 28, right? I can't believe I've made it this far. Two more days and then reintroductions. I'm going to do that, right? Right? I sat down and tried to come up with a menu and a plan. I'm going to do non-gluten grains first. We're going to do rice bowls for dinner on Tuesday. And I bought corn tortillas for breakfast tacos. I'll probably make a quinoa salad for lunch. That's as far as I got really. I think I'll probably do dairy next and go out for ice cream and buy some yummy applewood smoked cheddar to eat with some apple slices.

Ok, enough about the planning. Who knows if I'll even make it that far. HA.

Today I made a smoothie bowl for lunch. I was inspired by my açaí bowl last night. And it was good. I'm totally going to be eating smoothie bowls every day now. I even bought a dragon fruit and totally want to make some of those super pretty bowls you see on pinterest.




For dinner we grilled some burgers and topped them with guac. I made oven baked sweet potato fries and fried plantains for the side. I had mine with mushrooms and onions and the boys had bread for their burgers. It was so good. I always think I could eat like this forever after a meal like this. And I definitely could, for the most part. Hopefully we keep it going.


Will update again soon.
Love & Light.
😷😘 michelle

Comments

Popular Posts