Chemo Round One DONE

Wrapped up this chemo treatment yesterday. And my numbers TANKED already today. My WBC went from 1.34 to 0.27 and my ANC went from 1.27 to, too low to count. So I'm 100% neutropenic. No immune system.

I'm feeling ok. I can tell that my numbers are starting to drop. Feeling a little less great. Waiting on my platelets and hemoglobin to drop and then I'll be real tired and start getting transfusions.

It's going to be several days of taking it easy.

Transplant update:

My oncologist let us know that they started the matching process last week since they already had my HLA on file. This sounds like quite the process and could take several months.

Once my counts go up front his round of chemo I'll get another biopsy and pray I'm back in remission. From there, I'll set up an appointment with the transplant doctor and see where the matching process is at. I'll get more consolidation chemo to keep me in remission until the transplant is ready to go.


Right now, my day has looked like this:
6am - lab draw, vitals, weight
8am - wake up
9am - doctors and nurse visits and a load of pills
           Zach visits with coffee and I have a banana with some almond butter
10am - walk around the halls- masked up, listen to my audio book
11am - shower, get dressed, turn on Food Network
12pm - order brunch (pancakes, banana, bacon and smoothie)

The rest of the day consists of plans to nap, have a visitor or two, dinner, maybe another walk than sleep.

Asking for prayer to be put into remission from this round of chemo and for a perfect match as quickly as possible.


Will update again soon.
Love & Light.
😷😘 michelle

Comments

Popular Posts