Relapse

Well....

I've relapsed.

Tests came back. There are 47-50% blasts in my marrow. Which seems better than when I got first diagnosed. Catching it earlier, maybe? But, still means hospital.

Here's what I can expect, from what I understand.

Tomorrow I check in to the hospital to get a picc line and start chemo. I'll be there for about 30 days. I'm going to shoot for 20 max.

After that, I'll be home for a couple weeks and then will be admitted to a transplant hospital. Sometime before then and after chemo, I'll have another biopsy to ensure I'm back in remission. This might be done before I'm released to go home from the hospital.

While in the transplant hospital I'll get some more chemo and then new cells. Assuming that sometime from now and then they will have found a match for me. Shooting for early April, late March for a transplant day.

I'll stay in the hospital for a couple more weeks, at least, and then go home where I'll be in a bubble for 100 days. If I can get my transplant before April 11, then my 100 day will be before our trip to LA in July. One can dream, right?

Here are some sites I found really helpful:

Bone Marrow/ Stem Cell Transplant Timeline

Bone Marrow/ Stem Cell Transplant Video Explanation (so easy to understand!)

How patients and donors are matched

Get on the registry! It's easy, it's just a cheek swab!

Why ethnicity matters in bone marrow matching. There is a big need for more African American, Latino, and Asian donors





Will update again soon.
Love & Light.
😷😘 michelle

Comments

Popular Posts