Transplant Update

So, it looks like we have a date. Sounds like June 1st will be transplant day. As of right now, it sounds like we are doing a cord blood transplant rather than haplo. Coda was a good match but I have high antibodies against him and while they can fix that, it takes time. They are hopeful the cord blood matches they found will be better.  

I have from April 29th until May 8th to get all of the pre-transplant stuff done. I've gotten some of it done, but it was crazy to try and schedule everything. I'm having to drive all over the place for appointments that are spread out over the next two weeks. It would be nice if they could just get everything scheduled in one place over one or two days. 

As of right now, May 24th will be my admit date to the hospital for chemo and radiation to wipe out my bone marrow completely before getting new stem cells. I'll likely be in the hospital for 8 weeks, so I'm aiming for a mid-July breakout date. 

Overall, everything about this sucks. I don't want to spend my summer feeling like total shit. But, at the same time, I'm almost hoping that I do feel shitty for my 8 week hospital stay. Just enough to make me want to sleep 20 hours a day. Time will go by so much faster if I'm sleeping all day long. Right? UGH. I just don't even want to do this. I just want it all to be done.



Pre-transplant:

  • Labs ✅
  • Pulmonary Function Test
  • Echocardigram
  • EKG 
  • Sinus and Chest CT Scan 
  • Chest X-ray 
  • Lumbar Puncture
  • Bone Marrow Biopsy 
  • Caregiver Class
  • Radiation Consultation



Will update again soon.
Love & Light.
😷😘 michelle

Comments

Popular Posts