Last Day Home

Wednesday | Day -9

Day 0 is June 7. Transplant Day.



Tomorrow is the day. I get admitted at 8am. Getting my line in. Starting chemo. I'll have three days of chemo, Fludarabine and Cyclophosphamide. Sunday will be a rest day. And then Monday I start four days of full body radiation at 12 gray, twice a day.

Today is my last day of Kepivance. It's a quick push that is supposed to relieve some of the mouth sore issues that I will encounter from radiation. My mouth feels hairy, like I haven't brushed my teeth in weeks. It's so weird. That's the best explanation I can give you. My fingers/hands are also swollen. It's so bad I can't get my rings off. Yes, I've tried it. (ice, elevation, CBD cream, lotions, oils, windex, string, dental floss) It's really swollen. I'm hoping now that I'm done with the meds, it will get better. Hopefully one of these solutions will work tomorrow or Friday.

(I don't even think this picture does the swelling justice)


Today is my last day at home for several weeks.

I don't feel ready.

I'm not packed.

I haven't packed up my craft room (my father-in-law and a group of guys are going to do some remodeling in our house - my craft room will be one of those areas).

I took the boys bowling and indoor mini glow golf. We ate bad pizza and mozzarella sticks. It was perfect.

Tonight, we will go watch Holden's baseball game and maybe watch a movie.

At some point, I'll pack.

I tried to make the most of my last few days at home with the boys. We watched a lot of soccer (weekend tournament), went furniture shopping, had a date night, went to a Rockies game, and watched a Dogs Purpose and Aladdin.


Will update again soon.
Love & Light.
😷😘 michelle

Comments

Popular Posts