Week In The Life 2019 | Monday

Monday

Morning Stories |

Good Morning! Packed day today of appointments. Starting off with a Pulmonary Function Test (PFT) first thing this morning. Getting up and moving early. Holden and Oliver are sleepy ones. But, Coda, got right up and moving. Even started getting the dishes done. Boys are keeping it easy with cereal for breakfast. We've been buying cereal more than we normally do. Today, it's Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Zach has been getting really into making fancy coffee lately, so he made us both a french press (sometimes he uses the aero press). I really don't think I can tell much of a difference. Kathy came over to help us out this morning. Zach and I have to leave by 7:15 to get to my appointment so she came to make sure these boys get to school on time.

WOW. Who knew breathing could be so difficult. Had to breathe in a box this morning with a cough and a sore left rib. Not the easiest thing to do, but I think I passed. It definitely exhausted me though. I was slow moving to walk back to the car. Zach even carried my purse for me. Then we drove straight for Denver for more appointments. So thankful Zach's work is understanding and flexible and he's able to go to these appointments with me. We made it to Denver pretty early, so we stopped at Hotbox Roasters for donuts and coffee.

Lots of consultations and fun chats with CBCI all lined up for today. They come in strong with all the grants you could qualify for to help you out - Free Money! Free Money, then they come in and tell you how shitty you are going to feel and how hard transplant is going to be, and then they top it off with the social worker asking how you feel about death. It's information overload! It's mentally exhausting. I do not want to do this! I really do not want to do this. UGH.



Afternoon Stories |

Short break before we had to be at the caregiver class so we found a nearby place to grab lunch. Tacos! They were YUM. We sat and chatted some about all that information we just got and then headed back to CBCI for the class. Not too much new information really, mostly stuff we had already known from reading up in the binder or talking with the coordinators. We got done early and Lacy was at CBCI getting some fluids so we decided to pop in and say hi. I hate what she's going through. It just sucks! It was nice to catch up and chat with her for a bit though.



Evening Stories |

Headed straight to BHS from Denver for Freshman Parent Orientation. What?!? How in the world do we have a freshman? How is it possible? Got to continue our day of information overload with more information on high school and what to expect. Then we finally got home around 8:15pm. Bart was there with the boys. Kathy and Bart tag teamed the afternoon from making sure the boys got home from school and took Oliver to his soccer game (which ended up getting rained out so they just sat in he parking lot for 30 minutes) and making sure they got themselves ready for bed. I am so grateful for Zach's parents right now. They make it so much easier for us to be able to do these appointments and things but still keep the boys in a regular, normal, day-to-day life.



Zach let Holden and Oliver watch the first period of the Avs game 6. Holden just loves hockey so much. I love hearing him and Zach talk hockey during the game; questioning the refs calls, calling out players by name, and cheering loud when the Avs make a good play.


I reheated some leftover steak and potatoes for Zach and I since we hadn't eaten since tacos at 2pm. And we ate and finished up watching the game downstairs. Well, Zach did. I couldn't make it. After they were tied in the third I decided to head to bed, it was almost 11pm and I normally have been in bed by 9pm. I told Zach to take a selfie of himself after they won and went up to get ready for bed. Just as I laid down I heard Zach yell, YEAH! So, I knew the Avs won. I texted him, Picture. And he sent me two pretty awesome selfies. HA!


By the time he came to bed, I was long asleep. He of course, had to finish putting his new shock on his bike before he could call it a night.


Will update again soon.
Love & Light.
😷😘 michelle

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts