Week in the Life 2019 | Thursday

Thursday

Morning Stories |

Snow?!? Really? Snow? Does mother nature not know it's May? Oh, wait, that's right, we live in Colorado. Crazy weather!



Coda wasn't feeling so hot this morning so we let him stay at home. He drank a fruit smoothie, took a bath and went back to bed. Ended up sleeping until lunch time. He obviously needed the sleep.

After Holden and Oliver went to school, they biked, of course, snow does not stop them, I cleaned up the kitchen. I made quite the mess last night and didn't clean up. Then I made breakfast and messed it right back up.


Jen came over to chat about her Influencers group she's starting up. I'm talking. Eeek. I'm going to talk about Documenting Your Everyday. I'll show my albums and my one second everyday videos. It's mostly going to be about using documenting your story to find gratitude in the everyday and even the hard stuff. And just emphasizing that your story matters.

Afternoon Stories |

After Coda woke up, he said he was feeling better and wanted to go to school so I told him to eat lunch and then I would take him. He made us both a grilled cheese. Mine was almond butter, fig jam, bacon, and cheese. His was fig jam, pepperoni, bacon, and cheese. Then I dropped him off at school. I told him he could stay home, but he wanted to go. When I dropped him off I remembered that I was supposed to get labs done so I drove over to Kaiser. After, I figured I was in the neighborhood so I would stop in and see Zach at work. They were meeting, but I just sat and hung out. I headed home around 2 so I could be home when the boys got home from school.

Around 3 I told Holden and Oliver to go to the library and get a new chapter book they could read. They both seem to be re-reading the same old books. After they headed out, I left to go back to the clinic. My transplant date got pushed back a week (they can't do the transplant on a Saturday so we had to move everything a week, new day 0 is going to be June 7th) so I have to do a low dose of chemo to ensure I stay in remission until transplant date. I had to get four shots of Vidaza in the belly. UGH. I hate shots. Mostly just the idea of shots, but still. It just sucks!



Evening Stories |

Zach picked up Coda on his way home from work. Ollie had a peanut butter sandwich for dinner since he had practice at 5:15pm. The shots took way longer than I had anticipated so I didn't get home until right before we had to leave to get Ollie to soccer. We dropped Ollie off at soccer and headed the school for Holden's family night. They had dinner for us (pizza) and talked about all the cool stuff they learned in the after school program. Holden was in two, The Write Stuff and Junior Emergency Responders. He loved both of them. And he's even CPR certified now! How awesome is that. He's motivated to get out and babysit now.



Zach had to leave Holden's thing early so he could pick Ollie up from practice. While he was out, he made a Costco run to pick up a brisket to smoke this weekend. YUM!

We both got home right at the same time. The boys got ready for bed. Ollie had a bowl of oatmeal, I guess the PB sandwich wasn't enough. And I watched Duff Takes the Cake with Holden and Ollie before bed. Coda, of course, was in his room playing games or something on his phone. Zach went down to his office to get some work done.


Around 8pm, they went in their room to read their new books from the library. Zach and I made cookies and jumped on the Game of Thrones train and watched season 01, episode 01.



Will update again soon.
Love & Light.
😷😘 michelle



Comments

Popular Posts