Week in the Life 2019 | Wednesday

Wednesday |

Morning Stories |

Late start day today. Oliver starts at 8:30am and Coda starts at 9:30am. Holden has choir practice so he goes in early (7:50am). Coda usually helps out in the morning with putting the dishes away. After everyone heads off to school I sat and ate some yogurt and watched our Google family slideshow channel. I love that we back upped all of our photos to Google and we can now use our Chromecast to play a slideshow on the TV. It's so fun to see all of our old photos.






Zach went in to work this morning to record something but left at 10am to pick me up for more appointments. This morning we had a radiation consultation. It was good. It was good to go in and talk to the doctor. Because radiation scares the crap out of me. I liked the doctor. He was super nice, answered all of our questions, laughed at all Zach's jokes. He didn't sugar coat anything but explained everything from the process to the side effects. He really emphasized the mouth sores and diarrhea for short term side effects and cataracts and shot ovaries for long term side effects. Sounds so much fun, doesn't it? After the meeting, I went in and they used measurements and a CT scan to measure my liver and lungs so they can make lead blocks to somewhat protect those areas from the radiation. Then we sped off to the next appointment. Of course, we're in Denver for the 11am radiation appointment and then Lafayette at 1pm for a lumbar puncture and then back to Denver for a 4:30pm echocardiogram.



Afternoon Stories |

We get to the lumbar puncture appointment only 15 minutes late. I think that's pretty good for how tight they have us scheduled. I was a nervous wreck for this lumbar puncture and then they tell you about spinal headaches and that just made it worse. But, it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. It's definitely more mental than physical. Just a small pinch from the lidocaine. After, they just have you lay flat for 30 minutes and monitor you.



We got home shortly after Holden and Oliver got home from school. They of course had immediately gone downstairs to play Xbox. Oliver runs down there every chance he gets. I laid flat on my back, they really made me nervous about getting a spinal headache. Basically it's the worst migraine you'll ever have and if it won't go away you have to get a blood patch where they take blood from your arm and put it in your spine. Yikes.




Holden and Oliver cleaned their room, Zach can always convince them to do their chores. They never listen to me. πŸ˜‚ Caitlin came by to pick me up and take me to my echo appointment. We have the best friends! Everyone is always willing to help out.




Evening Stories |

After my appointment I had Caitlin drop me off at Emerald so I could go to Holden's choir concert. It was perfect timing.

We got home just in time for puck drop of Game 7, Avs vs Sharks. Holden and Zach made me some bacon and eggs for dinner (got to get that protein in). We all watched the game (well, Coda was in and out, he spends a lot of time in his room now-a-days. During game break, Oliver was telling Zach all about what he was learning in science about rocks. I loved listening to them.




Zach let Holden stay up and watch the entire game. He really is the biggest Avs fan. With 4 seconds left, the Ads were down by 1 and Holden says, "It's still possible! It's still possible!" But, sadly, there will be no Stanley Cup for us this year. Holden and Zach were devastated. 😭


Will update again soon.
Love & Light.
😷😘 michelle

Comments

Popular Posts