Day -6 | So far so good.

Saturday | Day -6

So far so good. Last day of chemo today. Tomorrow I get a break and then the four days of radiation. Still feeling pretty good.

No real side effects yet.

The nurses here are great.

Yes, I'm peeing in the stupid hat. I didn't really put up a fight. They seem to have a valid reason. I guess the chemo I'm getting can cause bladder hemorrhaging so they really monitor your pee. Nurses sure love pee.

If you've been following me on instagram, you'll know that my finger is swollen and my rings won't come off. The entire staff here is invested in getting them off. They just informed me that I'm ok to get radiation with them on. So that's good, but we're still trying to get them off in case I swell more. We don't want an emergency situation where they have to cut them off. As my sister-in-law says #savethetiffanys

The days around here go by pretty fast. It's constant people in and out giving meds, hanging chemo, or checking vitals. I don't ever seem to have any time to do anything. But, I brought coloring books and embroidery and a couple books. I also have audio books I'm trying to listen to.

Yesterday I got the serious hook up from the Small Choices Foundation. My favorite is Kari's Bears, each of the boys and I all got a bear, custom to us. And when they are missing me, they can snuggle the bear and know I have one here.

Here is the story of Kari's Bears:

31-yr-old Kari Lee was a wife, mom and PICU nurse before her early retirement from the planet after a bout with Acute Myeloid Leukemia. 
Kari and her family created these 'magic bears' through Build-A-Bear, where they all chose the them of their bear. When Kari was in the hospital, her young sons were able to hug their own bears who in turn would send a hug to Kari's bear which she would then receive!


From Small Choices Foundation Facebook Page (go like them!)

Today was a big day. 
Today was the first time we got to see the results of our combined efforts by taking the first step towards making the cancer journey a bit brighter. 
And the combination of creating an outlet to help for those who know this path well and ensuring those navigating their own road know they’re not alone made for an emotional and, hopefully, impactful inaugural welcome. 

Shout out to the Salzman family for sponsoring Zach and Michelle’s survival kits and to everyone involved in making today possible. 
Having cancer can be devastating. Loving someone through cancer can be exhausting. 
So even the smallest of gestures can make a big impact.


Will update again soon.
Love & Light.
😷😘 michelle

Comments

Popular Posts