Week in the Life 2020 (pandemic version) | Monday words + photos

Ali Edwards Week in the Life is always my favorite project of the year. This week is most definitely going to look different, but when doesn't it. You can check out an album flip through of my past Week in the Life albums here: https://youtu.be/dfwvRVrSvOA



Here we go. My journaling and just a few photos I'm including.



Morning Stories:

Sleepy house around here. Zach was the only one awake. I'm sure he appreciates the quiet during breakfast. Once everyone is up and moving, school (or most like YouTube watching) begins. I work at the island, Zach goes downstairs to his office, Coda has been enjoying working on the couch. This is week 10 of "stay at home" and virtual learning because of the Covid-19 pandemic. We've tried many different strategies on balancing virtual learning and screen limiting. I think we've landed on one everyone really likes and can get on board with (well, Holden and Oliver, Coda is a different story, but we just need to get through next week and we can move on from school stuff. They are pretty independent with what they work on and need. As long as they are getting their work done, helping around the house, having integrity and focus then they are allowed to watch YouTube or play on the Xbox/Switch. Besides the assignments Holden and Oliver have, they have a few extra things to do from me or their school days would be about an hour a day, if that. So, I give them a little extra math and reading. Oliver has a decent project he has to work on to the end of the year, so I've tasked Holden with researching Colorado native plants and plan a space in our yard to plant. Coda doesn't buy into any of our things and just does what he wants, but he's been getting pretty much all 100% on assignments since being home, so we're trying to be flexible. It's a crazy weird time to live through. But, for us, I would say it's going pretty smooth. Zach and I definitely are enjoying the slower pace of things and just more family time. Plus, we've kind of been prepped for this with all my quarantining post chemo treatments. We also know we have a good set up here. Zach and I both have a place we can escape to - I mean, work in - and the boys each have their own room. So, when the togetherness becomes too much, we have space. We're thankful for that.



Afternoon Stories:

I got a chance to Facetime with Becky! It's been way too long since we've talked, so that was nice. Zach has been loving the opportunity to workout in the middle of the day. Sometimes I go out with him, today it was too cold, but I needed to get a workout in so I just did it in my craft room.

But, unfortunately with me working more on my computer and checking in less and then having a call and working out, well, the boys got a little off task. I know it works best when they have more checkins and accountability. But, they paid for their time. Coda, on the other hand, well, we got in a big fight about having integrity and being honest with the computers. We're having issues with honesty. So, that's always fun to deal with. The boys did some chores and cleaned up the kitchen. Coda said he didn't want to be in my "dumb photos" anymore, but he came around later.

Zach wrapped up work around 4. I started cooking dinner. Ollie requested curry and rice as his dinner of choice, a mystery ticket reward for having integrity and focus, just one of the things that seems to be working in this virtual-learning-stay-at-home craziness. Coda went out to the garage and did a workout, seemed to be in a much better mood after that. I just wish he would more willingly move his body! He needs it. Ollie worked on his soccer drills/workout before his 5pm Zoom call with his team and coach.

Evening Stories:

After dinner I was just ready to chill. I went in my craft room while the boys cleaned up the kitchen and then Zach took them and the dogs for a walk. When they came back, Holden and Ollie checked in with me and paid for their time for watching YouTube today. Zach and Holden watched Cops, Ollie and I played a little Lumosity, Coda was working on school (or whatever he does on his laptop). Then the boys went to bed to read and Zach and I chilled in my craft room / our master suite. I watched TV and ate ice cream under my heating blanket (it was chilly today) and Zach did his stretching and played Sim City. We were in bed by 10:30pm.


Will update again soon.
Love & Light.
😷😘 michelle



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts